Hello VFS Atlanta,
We are excited to announce that elections for 2023-24 VFS Officers will be held on October 5 (11:00 am – 12:00 pm) at Guggenheim 442. Interested candidates are requested to send an email to Howon Lee (email@example.com) by October 4th with the position they are interested in running for. The available positions are President, Vice President, Communications Chair, Treasurer, and Undergraduate Liaison. A description of the responsibilities of each position are defined below. VFS Atlanta shirts will also be given out to the Chapter’s members!
- Supervises the affairs of the Atlanta Chapter
- Plans the Chapter’s technical programs in conjunction with the Vice President
- Submits reports as required
- Vice President:
- Arranges for speakers, meeting locations, audiovisual requirements, refreshment arrangements, etc.
- Records and issues minutes of all meetings and retains a permanent record of the minutes
- Communications Chair:
- Maintains the VFS Atlanta website (ahs.gatech.edu) with regular updates
- Maintains the presence of VFS Atlanta on social media such as Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- Communicate with VFS Atlanta members involving announcement of events, other news related to VFS, etc.
- Promotes activities to enroll new members in VFS Atlanta
- Keeps records of and coordinates student financial activities
- Handles VFS Atlanta’s financial obligations for trips, speaker expenses, etc.
- Undergraduate Liaison:
- Encourages undergraduate participation in Georgia Tech and Atlanta activities and membership
- Coordinates with the Membership Chair on outreach to non-Aerospace engineering students
- Preferably filled by an undergraduate student who is an active member of VFS Atlanta Chapter
We look forward to your eager participation.
Looking forward to seeing you all,
VFS Atlanta Chapter